A Champion's Mind: Lessons from a Life in Tennis | Teen Ink

A Champion's Mind: Lessons from a Life in Tennis

September 6, 2008
By Anonymous

•
Hard-Work and dedication can make you number one in the world.
•
Tennis great, an athletic prodigy, lets people inside his head and opens up in this book. Pete adopted a attitude from the great Boston Red Sox slugger Ted Williams who once said that all he wanted out of life was that when he walked down the street, people would point and say, “There goes the Greatest hitter who ever lived”(XI).
•
The book is very interesting; the author reveals his life secrets that he has not revealed to the media. He tells about how hard it was being number one and the pressure that came with it, also the heart-breaking matches and how he survived and the big losses in his life and tells about the thing he possess which he called “the Gift.”
•
I agree with the author in the book that hard work and commitment will make you great and will get you on top. I really don't have any disagreement with the author it is pretty straight forward.
•
If you want to succeed in life you have to work hard and give it all every time to be the best in the world.
•
Pete Sampras, the main character in A Champion's Mind, and Harry Potter the main character in J.K. Rowling's books, are very similar both Harry is young boy that does his best and never gives up just like Pete Sampras in his career gives his best and never admits defeat in his tennis matches.
•
This book made me change the effort I give when I'm on the tennis court and how I play throughout the match and also how I look at life the book convinced to work hard to get what I want.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.