Nevermore by James Patterson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

This is weird I know, but I needed an outlet for my frustration about the final "Maximum Ride" book. This series was great until the fourth book, and the finale is really grating on my nerves. Its just the series as a whole means a lot to mean, I started reading it the year Harry Potter (books) ended but its gone so downhill. My review is a little off in a few places but;

A Review in Rhyme

A Review in a Poem

At the library in my new town,
I was in the teen room and sat down
And from the audio books I heard a whisper
"Check out, "Nevermore" "
"NO." I thought quite loudly
"Yes." said James Patterson quite proudly
"You read all the other books before!"
So I grabbed it exasperated,
Knowing all the while the finale's belated
But I scanned my card and checked out Nevermore.
Now the book is gently streaming
On sound waves, my head is screaming
"This story should have ended at book four!"
How I wish Mr. Patterson had stopped it
The storyline? No one would top it
But no he said I must have More!
The the Max books kept on going
Although the plot slowing and slowing
There wasn't a poorly done love story here before!
But I resign myself to hearing
The last of this childhood series, fearing
I just won't ever appreciate, the last book "Nevermore."

DanaR. said...
today at 9:17 pm:
COMPLETELY AGREE! BOOKS ONE THROUGH THREE ROCKED WHILE THE REST OF THEM WERE TERRIBLE! NEVER EVER EVER CHECK OUT THE LAST BOOK.

SHER_lockedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 9:42 pm:
I agree, although I didn't make it as far as you. I stopped after Fang. I got tired of the Twilight love triangle. It should have just been a trilogy.

SuzannahlikespieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 30 at 6:13 pm :
 Oh yeah "The Final Warning" was half decent, but after that they really declined. The plot totally went everywhere, there were new bad guys everytime and Angel borderlined silly. But I held out for nostalgia's sake. Nevermore broke the camel's back....with a battle cry and an axe.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30 at 9:41 am:
I feel you. I was really disapointed in the last book.