The Last Lecture by Randy Poesch | Teen Ink

The Last Lecture by Randy Poesch MAG

January 30, 2013
By Anonymous

If you were told you had three to six months of good health left, what would you do with your time and would you leave something for people to remember you by? The Last Lecture is written by Randy Pausch and his friend Jeffrey Zaslow. Pausch was supposed to give a lecture at Carnegie Mellon University a few weeks after he was given this terrible diagnosis. He decided that this book would be his “last lecture.”

In the book Pausch explains that challenges are placed in our lives for a reason. “Brick walls are not there to keep us out, they are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something,” he writes. This book is for anyone who has hit a bump in the road and needs a little boost of hope.

The Last Lecture is worth reading because it teaches the importance of life and points out the things we should be enjoying in life but aren't because we believe life goes on forever. Everyone always tells me to enjoy the little things because one day I won't be here; Pausch expressed the importance of every second of life and its lessons.

This is by far one of the best books I've ever read!