Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

Even though Stephanie Meyer's fourth book of the Twilight Saga has a good plot and some talented writing areas, the book seems to step over bounds to the bizarre world of fantasy. The characters have lost their child hood innocence, due to the fact that they're growing up quickly. Bella seems all too repetitive fantasizing about Edward and his golden liquid eyes. She continues to compare her boring self to the radiant Edward Cullen. Yes, we know that his eyes are very expressive, can we please move on….
The book does have a couple of good twists and turns. Bella gets married, but before she gets turned into a vampire, and to the astonishment of Edward….. Bella is pregnant and gives birth to a half vampire baby named Renesme. Things get even stranger when Jacob imprints on baby Renesme or shall I say Nessie. Bella soon develops rare special gifts even as a vampire. She has remarkable self control and none can read her mind. In the end the Volturi come because of the endangered child and Bella's family makes sure to recruit some more vampires in order to make the Volturi clan listen and realize the child is in no danger at all. With the help of some vampire friends like Kate and Zafrina she learns how to fight and extend her powers of immunity of not getting hurt or touched to the vampires all around her. Soon, she can protect everyone around her against the Volturi's lethal powers. Bella also makes sure to get fake passports and driver's license for Renesme and Jacob. What's makes things worse is Alice and Jasper leaving the family in order to recruit some help. As things are continuing to heat up between the conversation of the Volturi and Bella's clan the Volturi takes a vote on whether to kill the child. Even though, the Volturi know the child is mature but the fear of not knowing how the child will grow up to be. Luckily, Alice saves the day and brings a half mortal human to show that the baby can grow up to be trustworthy and not expose the hidden secrets of vampires. Bella's family is safe as well as every other vampire being and the Volturi go home to Italy without a fight. We leave Edward, Bella and Reneseme into vampire bliss.
In conclusion the book ends on a happy note, leaving many readers anxious for more or discontent because there was something that was left out or there was no big fight scene.

I hope you all enjoyed discoving or reading the Twilight Saga as much as I did.

Sarah said...
on Sep. 11 2008 at 9:37 pm
I liked it somewhat, but the ending was too clean cut for me, too perfect. Nearly everyone went away perfectly happy. Also, I didn't like the "Children of the Moon" part. It was thrown in too last minute and not explained completely. Other than that, I thought the idea of Bella having a child really helped the book not fall into the path the last three books had set up. Although, I think with a little less pressure on Meyer to get the book out so quickly would have really helped. ^_^

on Aug. 31 2008 at 9:30 pm
That book is very interesting. I couldnt put it down. It didnt need a big fight seen, though it wouldve been more interesting. But i think it was just fine how it was.