What the moon saw | Teen Ink

What the moon saw

Clara Luna discovers what she is really made of the summer when the white heron rises and the moon is clear. What starts all of this is an unexpected letter from her father’s parents who she has never meet before. She goes to visit her grandparents in the village of Yucuyoo. There she discovers what she is meant to do in her life. She meets her sprit animal and learns all about her family. She meets a boy who might be her soul mate and together they discover the sprit waterfall. She finds out that she has a special gift just like her grandmother. She is a healer and has a long road ahead of her.

I really enjoyed this book. It has two stories that go together. It explains Helen’s and Clara’s story all in one. It tells a beautiful story that I am glad I got the chance to read. It changed my point of view on simple things that we are blessed with. For example diet dog food. I would give this book a 5 out of 5. It is my favorite book that I have ever read. The story just touches your soul. I would recommend this book for people that want to be changed and taken on a journey.

What the moon saw is similar in ways to Emily Goldberg leans to salsa. Both books have girls that explore there Spanish roots that were hidden. Both Emily and Clara meet there Hispanic families for the first time and discover more then they thought that they ever would. They are both beautiful stories that explain that until you know where you come from you don’t know who you are.