Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

January 22, 2013
By icyblackrose12 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
icyblackrose12 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is a perpetual drunkenness; the pleasure passes, but the headache remains.

The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, that they may endure life.
Lucan

Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.


Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena
Have you ever wondered what if the gods and goddesses of the ancient times were real? Well in Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena they are and very unhappy.

Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicles books, introduces some new faces to the originals in the Percy Jackson books that you know and love, like Leo, Jason, Piper and many new gods too.

This is the third book in the sires and it has a little more suspense and wittiness than the other two. Like the prophecy that’s for told in it.

It goes like this:
“Wisdom’s daughter walks alone,
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome.
Twins snuff out the angel's breath,
Who holds the key to endless death.
Giants' bane stands gold and pale,
Won through pain from a woven jail.”

Each line reveals it’s true meaning at one point or another. Leaving hints as to where it will lead our seven heroes.
When Nico finds a secret to bringing Gaea down once and for all he’s trapped and imprisoned by Gaea’s new found henchmen as he slowly dies in his prison and at what lengths will these new found friends go to get him back and safe? Some will follow new paths to find a treasure lost to the ages. Others will try to bear the weight of the world on their shoulders. But can they do it before time runs out?
You’ll have to read it to find out. And remember. Some are not always what they seem.