rise of renegade x by chelsea campbell | Teen Ink

rise of renegade x by chelsea campbell

Rise of renegade x review
Damien Locke: the main protagonist of the story at the beginning of the book all Damien who’s 16th birthday is when he finds out if he is going to be a super villain like his mother and go to his dream school for super villains as he waited for his thumb to show him a V tragically his thumb showed something that was thought to be only a myth a X on his thumb not only is he shocked that he is not a super villain and he can’t get into his dream school he is angry to discover that his mother slept with a super hero a hero of all things. He then searches for his father and he discovers his father is actually a popular hero named crimson flash then he finds his father and then his father finally meets Damien. Not knowing of his son the crimson flash asks Damien to come live with him and his family and try to turn Damien into a hero instead of a villain. Now Damien has to choose wither or not he will be what he always wanted to be a villain or to become a thing he never thought he would ever become a hero.
My reasoning why this book was such a great book was the characters and the interesting story plot that made this book amazing.
The characters were very different from a usual superhero book. One character is of course the main character Damien who at first wanted to be a super villain like his mother but when he moves in with his father who at first Damien hated because he was a superhero. At first he wanted to change that x on his thumb into a v for villain. Until he began to realize that even thou his mom is a villain his father is a hero. But around the middle of the book he soon begins to want to help people instead of wanting to harm people. Then in the end he finally accepts that he now wants to be a hero like his father and even thou that would mean going against his mother he decides to become a hero any way.

And finally the story or plot was different from any other books that I have read. The story is not about a young man wanting to be super hero and having to learn how to be one instead it is about a young man wanting to be a super villain and he has already prepared to be one of the most vicious villains ever until he discovers his father is a super hero. And even thou he told his father he will be a villain in the end Damien decides he would rather be a hero rather than a villain. Also the ending is pretty shocking to see who the real villain is also to decide who he wants to help and also who will he become.
And that is why I would give this book 5/5 stars.