Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë | Teen Ink

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

By sv_praveen_trichy GOLD, Parowan, Utah
sv_praveen_trichy GOLD, Parowan, Utah

Wuthering Heights is the only novel written by Emily Brontë, and it was a classical one. This novel speaks about the pleasure in loving others. This story ends with the message, that the true love will last forever, even after the death.

The story is set in Yorkshire, England. Wuthering Heights was a farm house in Yorkshire. The whole story was set in the basis of triangular love or unsuccessful love. Heathcliff was the owner of the Wuthering Heights. The story has a lot of characters. The thing I liked very much in this novel is almost all characters are controversial. It must be hard to judge whether the character is good or bad.

Heathcliff, the owner of the Wuthering Heights appeared to be a wicked person at the beginning of the story. One day a man named Lockwood who rents Thrushcross Grange which is situated near the Wuthering heights accidentally entered Wuthering heights and stayed there for a night. At night when he was awakened by a nightmare, he was frightened by a ghost of a woman trying to enter his room. Next day when he asked about the incident to his housekeeper Nelly Dean, she narrated the story of Wuthering heights.

Mr.Lockwood came to know Heathcliff loved a girl called Catherine and she died before few years. Lockwood came to know the ghost he saw at that night was Catherine. After few days, Heathcliff was died. At the end of the story, Hareton, step son of Heathcliff married Cathy, daughter of Catherine and they decide to leave Wuthering heights. The people who lived near Withering heights told that sometimes, they have seen the ghosts Heathcliff and Catherine wandering in the house.

Bronte set this story in an impressing way. It makes the reader feel that they are also a part of the story. The passage I liked from this novel very much is when Lockwood tells about the ghost he saw to Heathcliff, Heathcliff replied, This farmhouse was filled with frozen memories. What you had seen is one of it.

This book is one that I would highly recommend to any one as it was easy to read as it talks about the power of true love. In the end it shows, the true love will never fail.