The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins

By jumpintotartaruswithme_ BRONZE, Martinsburg, West Virginia
jumpintotartaruswithme_ BRONZE, Martinsburg, West Virginia

"Don't let your current situation define who you are"

Book title and author: The Hunger Games; Susanne Collins
Title of review: The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

Introduction
This book probably has so many reviews, and that is because it is a very good book. Susanne Collins, the author wrote this book in a way were you can picture everything in your head. It is almost like a movie playing in your head while you read. Ms. Collins must have spent a lot of time on The Hunger Games. This book has so much detail. You can just picture everything. It is almost like your there. You go into your own little world while reading. You can’t put the book down.

Description and summary of main points
The Hunger Games focuses on 3 main characters. Peeta, Katniss, and Gale. There is a love triangle between them. Katniss can’t decide who she likes more. They all live in Panem, which has 12 districts. They live in district 12. Panem, is America after devastation, and another government has taken over. Every year the Capitol picks one boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to fight on their games. These games are like no other. They will fight to the death until only one is left standing. Afterward they are crowned “The Victor” and are treated fairly.

Evaluation
This book has been made into a movie. I truly think that the book was better than the movie because the book has more detail. While reading the book you actually start to feel bad for them, and you want to help them. The book has so much more feeling than the movie. Susanne Collins actually wrote a trilogy. Catching Fire, and Mockingjay are the other two books. I think the book was well written. It was easy to understand, and the ending was kind of easy to figure out. I am not going to give away too much. You should read it yourself.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this book was overall a very good one. Ms. Collins had written it very well, along with the next two books. Even though there is a love triangle in most stories this one works very well. I will be honest in the beginning of the book it is kind of slow, but keep reading! It is worth it. Take my advice, you will love the book! I will warn that the book is very detailed in some parts while there are in the games. So be sure you can handle it!

Your final review
I would recommend this book to other. I will say that if you are under 10 you should not read it. It is a little too graphic for little kids, especially the movie. This book is perfect for someone who loves action, with a little twist. Also someone who loves stories with love triangles, with a little action may like this book.