Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets by Cathy Hopkins | Teen Ink

Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets by Cathy Hopkins

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Your best friend moved away, your brother is leaving with his girlfriend, everything you have seems to be disappearing, what will you do now?

In the book Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets, a girl named Theresa Joanne, T.J, has to go through all of those things. Her best friend Hannah moved away and now she has no one to hangout with at school. A girl named Lucy, who is actually kind of popular, tries to get T.J. to hang out with her and Nesta, one of Lucy's good friends, because she saw that T.J. had no one to hang out with. At first, T.J. doesn't really want to be with them, but after a while, she starts to like Lucy and she gets to know her better. T.J.'s brother also left with his girlfriend, and it wasn't helping her feel any better.
At the beginning of this story, I thought that it was kind of like the movie Mean Girls, but later on the girls turned out to be nicer than I thought they were. T.J. starts hanging out with them more and she starts liking them better. “We are all going to be good friends, I thought” was something that T.J. said that I thought showed that she thought everything was going to work out, and that she was going to give Lucy and Nesta a chance.
I thought that this book was fun to read, it wasn't one of those boring books, it was one that I didn't want to put down until I finished it. I also like how the author makes the story so realistic. I would recommend Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets, to anybody who likes realistic teen fiction stories about the problems that teenage girls go through, and just what girls do. It was a great book and a fun one to read.

kiki kiki said...
this really helped me do a summary onthis book cause i didnt finish it and i need to do this book for hw so thk