Eragon by Christopher Paolini | Teen Ink

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Do you like fantasy novels with dragons, elves and dwarves? Well then Eragon is definitely the right book for you!

This exciting book is about a young boy named Eragon who lives in a wooden shack with his grandpa and cousin. Eragon finds a stone in the Spine, (Forest swamp Terrain) and hopes to sell it for provisions and food for his family! But Eragon finds out that it was a dragon egg when it hatched. So he tries to keep it safe until it can hunt for itself, and live in the wilderness, but knows that he can't keep it a secret forever. When the dragon grows double his size, Eragon seeks revenge for the people that killed his grandfather, but not alone.

I pretty much recommend this book to whoever, but like me, if Fantasy is your choice then definitely read this book. The author likes building up the storyline and suspense. For example "A mountain of bodies rose above them, the corpses stiff and grimacing. Their clothes were soaked with blood, and the churned ground stained with it. Don't forget to check this amazing book out at the library!

on Feb. 18 2010 at 1:20 am
Celair_Phoenix SILVER, Hue, Other

"All that glitters is not gold
Not all those who wanders are lost."

Eragon seeks revenge for his uncle, not his grandfather. Get your facts correct.