The Fault in our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

January 4, 2013
By Liv.Rose BRONZE, Harrington, Other
Liv.Rose BRONZE, Harrington, Other
3 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves


I think that a lot of teenage girls have very high standards when it comes to guys. Heaps of people blame TV shows and movies; claiming that no one should be compared to Channing Tatum or Alex Pettyfer. To that, I say “Augustus Waters”.
Through his heartbreaking novel, “The Fault in our Stars”, John Green tells a story about a young couple fighting their own cancers as well as each other’s.
At just age 16, Hazel Grace was battling lung cancer with only the support of her overbearing parents, when Augustus Waters wanders into her life. Gus convinces Hazel that they should take time to look at the good things in life, and she finds hope that maybe she isn’t a “grenade” and that everything might be “okay”.
Green lets us follow the pair through their journey to finding themselves and each other, making all the teenage girl readers fall even more hopelessly in love with the dream boat that is Augustus Waters.
For me, this is the best book I’ve ever read. I may bias, as I am a HUGE John Green fan and have read all his books, but honestly, when a story can make you cry as much as this did to me, it has to be brilliant.
I give it a solid five stars, because the characters and plot is absolute perfection.