The October Country by Ray Bradbury This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever read a scary story? One that sends chills up your spine and makes you sleep with one eye open. For a story to truly be scary, it must have good descriptions, a creepy background, and more importantly, death. Not many writers have been able to master this presence of death, but one in particular has done an amazing job: Ray Bradbury. He is the author of the best-selling novel Fahrenheit 451, and is an acclaimed writer and a master of short stories. His collection of short stories, The October Country, is a scary story-lover's must-read.

The collection includes 19 stories selected by Bradbury, and have been said to be the best compilation of his work. Each has an eerie feeling that will send chills up your spine and make you question death itself. All the stories are quick and easy to read, and provide entertainment for those who love horror stories and thrillers.

I thoroughly enjoyed The October Country. As a horror story fan, I liked reading these that with thrills and twists that made my skin crawl.

Bradbury did an excellent job capturing the presence of death. He made it much more than an end, he made it a ­beginning. His stories were ­entertaining and thought-­provoking; a great collection that are worth reading

I would definitely recommend this to those who enjoy thrillers; however, it is not a for the light-hearted. With frightening images and thoughts, the short stories are meant for those who aren't afraid of the dark. They have dark and scary plots. I found the book hard to put down because I wanted to read just one more story.

So expect to be swept away by Ray Bradbury's The October Country where you'll meet a dwarf, a sick boy, and its most well-known resident, Death.