My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez

“Once a king always a king” is what they say to Reymundo when leaving the Latin kings ‘hood.

In My Bloody Life Reymundo Sanchez becomes Lil Loco because of the vicious, violent things he does to get honor, loyalty, but most of all love. As a young kid Reymundo did not show get love so he has to choose to get beatings everyday or to move in with a step brother who doesn't care for any one but himself, he chooses to live with him and just like his step brother, Reymundo also becomes a solider of the streets.

My Bloody Life is a wonderful story that makes you feel like you actually are in the book watching everything. Reymundo uses excellent details that make you imagine what is going on. Reymundo tells his story about 10 years of living in the streets before coming back and starting again with a second book Once a King Always a King which talks about coming back because of the real world is without school education.

Reymundo's way of writing is very unique because of the way he brings slang words to the book and explains very well what they mean, in this the word used the most is ‘hood which means neighborhood. My Bloody Life is a great story that's made me imagine everything that it described but for readers who do not like violence and ebonics words than this book is not the type of book for you. The book has blood and young adult content so if you're not 13 and over then don't bother to read this biography of Reymundo trying to succeed in life with no one there to help him.

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:43 am:
Sounds like a great read. Good job getting me interested:)

life?... said...
this was the most amazing book ive ever read. i can relate to some parts nd it just felt like i was accually in the book.

wonderful lady said...

this is the greatest book ive read ever in my life......

i can realated to it in the good parts of the story but not the bad..

YoungFr3$hKidD said...
this is a really good book. I read both of his books.

MiZZ_RANd0M said...
Nov. 4, 2009 at 12:32 am:
Thiz book iz a really good book (:

Silent_Tearz replied...
Feb. 5, 2010 at 9:07 am :
This book really got me reading. I was kinda like a drug to me i wanted to keed reading and reading ti'll i was done but i wanted to read more. I loved it. I hate reading but this book really made a exceptions