My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez | Teen Ink

My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez

February 29, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“Once a king always a king” is what they say to Reymundo when leaving the Latin kings ‘hood.

In My Bloody Life Reymundo Sanchez becomes Lil Loco because of the vicious, violent things he does to get honor, loyalty, but most of all love. As a young kid Reymundo did not show get love so he has to choose to get beatings everyday or to move in with a step brother who doesn't care for any one but himself, he chooses to live with him and just like his step brother, Reymundo also becomes a solider of the streets.

My Bloody Life is a wonderful story that makes you feel like you actually are in the book watching everything. Reymundo uses excellent details that make you imagine what is going on. Reymundo tells his story about 10 years of living in the streets before coming back and starting again with a second book Once a King Always a King which talks about coming back because of the real world is without school education.

Reymundo's way of writing is very unique because of the way he brings slang words to the book and explains very well what they mean, in this the word used the most is ‘hood which means neighborhood. My Bloody Life is a great story that's made me imagine everything that it described but for readers who do not like violence and ebonics words than this book is not the type of book for you. The book has blood and young adult content so if you're not 13 and over then don't bother to read this biography of Reymundo trying to succeed in life with no one there to help him.