To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Few novels can charm readers as easily as Harper Lee's one and only classic, To Kill a Mockingbird. In addition, even fewer American debut novels exist that have revolutionized and influenced our country more. Moreover, fewer first novels exist that have won so many coveted prizes. To Kill a Mockingbird was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1961, and then, in 2007, President George W. Bush awarded Lee the Presidential Medal of Freedom for being “a gift to the entire world.”

Because it is a playful book with a serious theme, To Kill a Mockingbird has achieved high praise and favor among readers of all ages. Its premise focuses on the children of a widower – who is also a lawyer – and their friend, as they become aware of social injustices and racism. Scout, Jem and Dill unknowingly open the eyes of a small Alabama neighborhood to the injustices against the black community.

Lee's prose is impeccable. Her descriptions and dialogue, with their Southern flare, are simple yet precise. Her characters – especially Scout Finch – are endearing and lovable from start to finish. Lee uses wit to deal with the themes of racism, rape, courage, coming of age, friendship, family, loss of innocence, and love. She touches the heart of every reader with To Kill a Mockingbird.

writefearlessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 2 at 10:09 am:
this is one of my favorite. i love the way Harper Lee make used of how a child  sees the society she lives in. a classic! anyway, i love your review :) just exactly what it is.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:58 pm :
Thanks so much. Means a lot to me.

SoftballGirl16 said...
May 31 at 12:18 pm:
I had to read this book for my english class this year. It was one of the best books I have ever read. Harper Lee is a genius and I loved the way she explained topics such as racism and integrity. Great article!

today at 1:57 pm :
Yes, I completely agree with you. That is, that her book is amazing. Thank you for commenting.

Soccer23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 7:28 pm:
i loved this book! and your review is perfect gives enough detail to make someone want to read it plus it is extremly well written ! 

today at 1:56 pm :
Thank you so much, soccer23.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 3:21 pm:
Plus the review was really really well-written. The last line: EPIC!

Apr. 2 at 3:38 pm :
Thank you. 

Mar. 30 at 3:19 pm:
Now that You recommend it, I'm definitely going to read that book! :))))

Apr. 2 at 3:36 pm :
You should. Tell me if you love it or not.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 3 at 11:24 am :
Oh, definitely...

Apr. 19 at 3:59 pm :
Hey, have you read the book yet? Just wanna know.

Apr. 21 at 11:35 am :
Oh no I haven't ...and you must've been wondering why I haven't been reading your stuff lately...Well...EXAMS the inescapable thing....in June InshaAllah I shall go to Islamabad and buy myself all these books ( I already have a list made... :P) And then read them and dude believe me when I do I'll let you know! :D Pray for my exams! I'm so nervous!

Apr. 22 at 1:59 pm :
Good. I almost thought you ewre gone forever. And yes, I'll pray for you and your exams. You'll do extraordinarily well. I know you will. And yes, read this and so many other novels. Can I recommend one more? The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I'm obssessed with it. It'll will make you laugh and cry. It's amazing. A++'s, okay?

Apr. 24 at 4:46 am :
Don't worry! I'll let you know before I'm "GONE FOREVER" haha oh ...unless it's sudden ddeath that takes me anyway....Thank YOU and I already have that one on my reading list :D

Sep. 21 at 2:52 am :
Dear Mckay, I think you'd be delighted to know that I bought both books and I'm currently in the middle of reading "To Kill a mockingbird" and so far it has turned out to be even more amazing that you'd said. This is INDEED such a unique book. Nothing so has ever crossed my eye. 

today at 1:59 pm :
I'm so glad to hear that you'e reading this book. I'm so happy. You must tell me after you what you think about it. Maybe even write your own review for it.

ChoirgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30 at 12:49 pm:
This is a good short review.  I loved this book too.

Apr. 2 at 3:36 pm :
Thank you.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22 at 12:33 pm:
I love the way you ortary ideas in this article.