The Crimson crown by Cinda Williams Chima | Teen Ink

The Crimson crown by Cinda Williams Chima

The book starts with Han and Risa who are a wizard, and Queen to the Fells respectively. The Fells are a mystical queendom that is being torn apart by invasion and civil war. There are three groups in the Fells, the upland clans, the vale dwellers and the wizards. But scarier than that is the fact that there are two armies, one the queen’s guard all loyal to the queen and the army of the fells who are allegiant to the traitorous commander. The wizards and the clansmen have been fighting for centuries and the silent battle is finally at a tipping point. The queendom is faced from invasion from the kingdom of Arden and as the book kicks off the rival forces surround the castle with Risa the queen stuck inside. This begins the battle of Han who despises the wizards because they killed his mother and sister. As Han maneuvers through the court of wizard politics the clans and the wizards decide that it was time to work with each other. So they decide to work together to get rid of the invading army. In the end Han marries the Queen of course because there has to be a happy ending.

I thought that this book was great it is the fourth book in a series and I have loved all the others as well while it is still a great book but the other three books are better. I will also say that the romance in the book was unnecessary but it was a key point in the plot.

I would recommend this book but you defiantly would want to read the other three books in the series first as the plot is too complicated to just pick it up. I would also recommend her other series which is the Heir series that starts with the Warrior Heir.