Between The Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer | Teen Ink

Between The Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

By Marmmy GOLD, Park City, Utah
Marmmy GOLD, Park City, Utah

"Disease may weaken the body, and madness may weaken the mind, but nothing destroys the spirit like the lost of truelove."

~Venom by Fiona Paul

Between the Lines, by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer, questions if what you write is really all that is there. Are fiction and reality that different? How do you know where reality ends and make believe begins? Between the Lines drags you into a world where the impossible isn’t so impossible.

Oliver is a boy in a fairy tale who wants to be free. Every time someone opens up the book, he relives the same story over, and over again. Delilah is a total bookworm, who keeps an eye out for love. She wants to get out of her predictable, unpopular life. When Delilah and Oliver unexpectedly meet, it’s love at first sight, and Delilah agrees to help Oliver escape the book.

This is written in alternating perspectives and begs the question everyone has on their mind. Will love conquer all? The boundary between real life and the pages of a book separate their love. How can it survive?

This mother daughter tag team has created an amazing world. It’s filled with princesses, dragons, talking animals, a magical canvas, and snobby cheerleaders. The best parts of reality and fiction combine. As well as numbers and numbers of plot twists.

Between the Lines is an upbeat novel, perfect for all you romantics. Even if you’re not a romantic, there are sure to be some aspects of this book you’ll love. Fantasy, adventure, magic; what more could you want?

“It’s not once upon a time. It’s not even twice upon a time, It’s hundreds of times, over and over.” Once you pick up this book that will be true for you too. You won’t be able to put in down, even after you are done. You don’t have to take my word for it. Go pick up a copy and see for yourself. After you’re done, you will be begging for more.

Between The Lines is my favorite book!!! It may seem like an impossible romance, but sometimes love might just conquer all.

on Jan. 2 2013 at 2:06 am
KristinHopkins8 SILVER, Aspen, Colorado

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die"

I've read this book and her review is spot on! Great read!

bookmouse BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Great review! You made me want to read the book! I've heard good things about Jodi Picoult's other books too!

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

good review, and from what I can tell, sound like a good book too