Crank by Ellen Hopkins | Teen Ink

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

By yianna BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York, New York
yianna BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York, New York

Crank by Ellen Hopkins is a young adult novel about a girl named Kristina. Crank is crystal meth. Kristina has an altar ego named Bree. While Bree is all about having "fun" which is doing crank and escaping reality, Kristina is about being the good child, doing what she is told and being responsible. Bree is stronger than Kristina most of the time but Kristina tries to be the bigger person. This Bree person Kristina has become just likes to get high, drunk, and have sex. From 1-5 rate I would rate this book a 5 because this book has a lot of twists, plot changes, the format of the book is phenomenal it changes through out the book.Kristina plays the perfect teenage girl with all the problems teens face with growing up, so this makes the book more realistic and relatable. Lust, Love, Broken- hearts, Trust, and Hope plays a big role in this teen-novel and adults and teens could relate to this.

Debi8 said...
on Dec. 7 2012 at 9:09 am
Debi8, Bushkill, Pennsylvania

May the bridges I burn light the way

I read this book about a year ago and it is absolutely one of my favorite books. Ellen Hopkins is an amzing writer and her books are just so awesome to read. I would recommend Ellen Hopkins books to any young adult.