Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

December 2, 2012
By Ansible BRONZE, Sandy Springs, Georgia
Ansible BRONZE, Sandy Springs, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't make someone a priority of they only make you an option.


"I've watched through his eyes, I've listened through his ears, and I tell you he's the one."
That's the opening line to the one-and-only science fiction thriller, "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card.
This book is so captivating and well-written, you could go to Disney World 60 times and it wouldn't be as exciting.
In 1985, Ender's Game won the Nebula Award for "Best Novel" and in 1986 won the Hugo award for the same category!
Now, enough ranting on about all that award-winning nonsense; it's time to send you to space!
Ender Wiggin is clever; abnormally clever. He's not psychotic, although he's severely injured a rather rude classmate.
In the meantime, a terrible alien race known as the "buggers" have launched two attacks against the planet Earth, and the Space Military is looking for a new commander to prevent a third one.
So can 6 year old Ender save his home, his beloved sister, and everything he's ever known from the Buggers? Or will he destroy himself along with it?
The book itself is quite the thriller; it hooks you from the very start, and has so many climaxes it's hard to tell which is the real one!
The only downside is how complex the plot is. However, compared to its sequel (Speaker for the Dead), it's about as easy a read as an ABC book.
Overall, Ender's Game is a must-read. So take a trip into Ender's life before the movie comes out in 2013!
"We have to go. I'm almost happy here."


The author's comments:
Well, the movie for Ender's Game is coming out in November 2013.
I want to make sure as many people as possible get the opportunity to read the book before it gets overrated by the film ;)