Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer | Teen Ink

Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Many teenagers have probably heard exciting remarks about the amazing stories by Stephenie Meyer. Her stunning stories of Edward and Bella continue to surprise readers with awe and admiration. Stephenie Meyer's first two books, Twilight and New Moon, have earned many positive remarks and praises from the readers. Now, she continues her story with Eclipse, the third book in her exciting series.

As her story move at a faster space, the readers won't be able to put the book down once they have started to read either one of her books. In Eclipse, Bella's journey for survival continues, with occasional appearances of vampires and werewolves. Of course, my first thought at reading about vampires was, “ugh, so childish and weird!” However, when I started to read her first book, Eclipse, I was dumbfounded. Her book was amazing! It contained something that I haven't been able to find in any of the books I have ever read. For example, she used a combination of powerful similes, heart-warming humor, and terrorizing suspense to keep the readers on the edges of their seats. Even her characters were loved and adored as much as her books.
Her third book, Eclipse, builds up so much suspense that readers will most likely hold their breaths until they reach the very last page. In my case, I could hear my heart beating louder and louder through the passing of each chapter until I had to stop and take a deep breath to calm myself. As if that wasn't enough, Stephenie Meyer decides to save the real climax for her last book, which will leave the readers begging for more. I can guarantee that readers will enjoy Eclipse as much as they have enjoyed reading Twilight and New Moon.

Roselynne GOLD said...
on Jun. 13 2011 at 4:47 pm
Roselynne GOLD, Hillsboro, Oregon

No matter where you are in the world, you are always looking at the same stars as someone else.

I agree with you, they are seperate books and I wasn't trying to compare them, readlikecrazy10 wanted to know specific examples, so I gave readlikecrazy10 specific examples and I could do the same with HP and I don't remember why I let it slip into the conversation. (But one thing, most people compare their opinons of a book, and that's where all the compare and contrast comes from, and from a writing stand-point compare and contrast isn't a bad thing, they are both wonderful stories and plot lines I'm mearly compare and contrasting the writing stlyes and things like that) (sorry about my spiel)

on Jun. 13 2011 at 3:28 pm
Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Can people stop arguing about whether or not harry potter and twilight are the better of the two? They're both great books and movies and should be treated as separate things, not compared. They're totally different. It's like comparing yourself to someone else. You're tw totally different people. Stop comparing them!

Roselynne GOLD said...
on Jun. 12 2011 at 6:59 pm
Roselynne GOLD, Hillsboro, Oregon

these are examples for readlikecrazy10...grammar was terrible in spots (which will happen in most books) sentence structure was sometimes horrific...and some of the words didn't entirely make sense in the sentence she was constructing, if I would've wrote them down when I found them I could've told you on what pages...but I didn't figure anyone would care to know but just except the fact that though all books arn't perfect, HP is way closer than Twilight

on Sep. 21 2010 at 4:44 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)

Ninja writer and Ally. I love the twilight sereies so much. I think it was amzingly written, but the harry potter books arent all that good. I read only four but thats just my opinion. Now i have to wonder how many books did you read because I will admit the first wasnt all that great, but the others were amazing

Brynn BRONZE said...
on Aug. 8 2010 at 5:52 pm
Brynn BRONZE, Aubrey, Texas

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~Bilbo Baggins

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree with Ninja_Writer. While the Twilight saga is not entirely horrible, neither is it the best series ever. Stephenie Meyer is merely a mediocre author, and fails to go above and beyond like authors such as J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, and any of the classics. To be honest, Harry Potter is unpredictable in my mind while when I was reading Breaking Dawn, every five seconds I was thinking "Honestly? This is too predictable." 

And, um, Valery5? There's only seven Harry Potter books.

on Jun. 22 2010 at 5:21 pm
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

I don't....

bree said...
on Jun. 22 2010 at 4:08 pm
i hope there will be a 5th book

on Jun. 3 2010 at 7:44 am
Ninja_Writer BRONZE, Western Springs, Illinois
I so agree with Ally here. All four of the twilight books are disgustingly boring. It doesn't matter how many books are in a series- it's how good they are! HP was very well planned out and written with incredible skill. Twilight was just a big bore-fest that shows Bella pitying herself.

amachii GOLD said...
on May. 1 2010 at 1:58 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

i'm a bit confused... in your breaking dawn review, you made it seem like you hate twilight and stephenie meyer...

Riley141 GOLD said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 11:26 am
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

Honey..get your facts strait. Its 7 books. And secondly Im sorry if a well thought out ,complex...good book is to much for you.

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 10:21 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

But J.K. Rowling made Harry Potter into a toatl bore! She wrote 8 books! Thats too many unlike twlight that only has 4 books nice and simple!!! 

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 10:17 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

Sure stephenie never had planed to write twilight ever in her life until she had that one dream, but it only took her four books to make it a big thing unlike harry potter took like 8 books!!!!! Thats to much !

Riley141 GOLD said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 3:30 pm
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan

Yeah I'll admit it..twilight did steal the spot light...but for all the wrong reasons. I mean come on Harry Potter was stratigicly planned out. Unlike some authers J.K. Rowling did a good job to be unpredictible.

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 12:20 pm
Valery5, Riverside, California

TEAM EDWARD!!!!! TWILIGHT ALL THE WAY!

Valery5 said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:42 am
Valery5, Riverside, California

Well harry potter lover, I don't the harry potter books at all but you dont see me saying how bad they are. So stop hating on Twilight cuz you know that twight took harry potter's spotlight!

Ally101 said...
on Feb. 13 2010 at 12:31 pm
AnneOnnimous just to put it out there I totaly agree. And Meyer's last book Breaking Dawn is (no offince) terrible. And the whole Voltori part was soooo anti-climatic.

on Feb. 11 2010 at 4:36 pm

— John Green

unfortunately she didn't have any powerful similes, or really any good writing at all

amachii GOLD said...
on Feb. 7 2010 at 5:23 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

I loved the article! I was happy to see someone mention the funny parts, like the camp-out and kidnapping and when Jacob kissed bella (but i am still team edward). Nice job! :):):):)

amachii GOLD said...
on Feb. 7 2010 at 5:20 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

Any examples? Personally, I thought it was the best written book in the saga.

on Jan. 23 2010 at 11:08 am

— John Green

and there were a lot of mistakes in it