Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer

Many teenagers have probably heard exciting remarks about the amazing stories by Stephenie Meyer. Her stunning stories of Edward and Bella continue to surprise readers with awe and admiration. Stephenie Meyer's first two books, Twilight and New Moon, have earned many positive remarks and praises from the readers. Now, she continues her story with Eclipse, the third book in her exciting series.

As her story move at a faster space, the readers won't be able to put the book down once they have started to read either one of her books. In Eclipse, Bella's journey for survival continues, with occasional appearances of vampires and werewolves. Of course, my first thought at reading about vampires was, “ugh, so childish and weird!” However, when I started to read her first book, Eclipse, I was dumbfounded. Her book was amazing! It contained something that I haven't been able to find in any of the books I have ever read. For example, she used a combination of powerful similes, heart-warming humor, and terrorizing suspense to keep the readers on the edges of their seats. Even her characters were loved and adored as much as her books.
Her third book, Eclipse, builds up so much suspense that readers will most likely hold their breaths until they reach the very last page. In my case, I could hear my heart beating louder and louder through the passing of each chapter until I had to stop and take a deep breath to calm myself. As if that wasn't enough, Stephenie Meyer decides to save the real climax for her last book, which will leave the readers begging for more. I can guarantee that readers will enjoy Eclipse as much as they have enjoyed reading Twilight and New Moon.

freewriter_123 said...
Ninja writer and Ally. I love the twilight sereies so much. I think it was amzingly written, but the harry potter books arent all that good. I read only four but thats just my opinion. Now i have to wonder how many books did you read because I will admit the first wasnt all that great, but the others were amazing

readlikecrazy10 said...
i'm a bit confused... in your breaking dawn review, you made it seem like you hate twilight and stephenie meyer...

Valery5 said...
TEAM EDWARD!!!!! TWILIGHT ALL THE WAY!

Ally101 said...
AnneOnnimous just to put it out there I totaly agree. And Meyer's last book Breaking Dawn is (no offince) terrible. And the whole Voltori part was soooo anti-climatic.

Valery5 replied...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:42 am
Well harry potter lover, I don't the harry potter books at all but you dont see me saying how bad they are. So stop hating on Twilight cuz you know that twight took harry potter's spotlight!

Ally25 replied...
Yeah I'll admit it..twilight did steal the spot light...but for all the wrong reasons. I mean come on Harry Potter was stratigicly planned out. Unlike some authers J.K. Rowling did a good job to be unpredictible.

Valery5 replied...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 10:17 am
Sure stephenie never had planed to write twilight ever in her life until she had that one dream, but it only took her four books to make it a big thing unlike harry potter took like 8 books!!!!! Thats to much !

Valery5 replied...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 10:21 am
But J.K. Rowling made Harry Potter into a toatl bore! She wrote 8 books! Thats too many unlike twlight that only has 4 books nice and simple!!! 

Ally25 replied...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 11:26 am
Honey..get your facts strait. Its 7 books. And secondly Im sorry if a well thought out ,complex...good book is to much for you.

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:44 am
I so agree with Ally here. All four of the twilight books are disgustingly boring. It doesn't matter how many books are in a series- it's how good they are! HP was very well planned out and written with incredible skill. Twilight was just a big bore-fest that shows Bella pitying herself.

Brynn replied...

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree with Ninja_Writer. While the Twilight saga is not entirely horrible, neither is it the best series ever. Stephenie Meyer is merely a mediocre author, and fails to go above and beyond like authors such as J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, and any of the classics. To be honest, Harry Potter is unpredictable in my mind while when I was reading Breaking Dawn, every five seconds I was thinking "Honestly? This is too predictable." 

And, um, Valery5? There's ... (more »)

Miaoru said...
You spelled her name wrong in your title. It's STEPHENIE Meyer. But, besides that, your article was great.

AnneOnnimous replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 11:07 am
"readers will not be able to put the book down"????
i couldnt pick it up. nothing happens the whole time and Stephenie Meyer cannot write a half- decent story

AnneOnnimous replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 11:08 am
and there were a lot of mistakes in it

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Any examples? Personally, I thought it was the best written book in the saga.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
I loved the article! I was happy to see someone mention the funny parts, like the camp-out and kidnapping and when Jacob kissed bella (but i am still team edward). Nice job! :):):):)

Roselynne replied...
these are examples for readlikecrazy10...grammar was terrible in spots (which will happen in most books) sentence structure was sometimes horrific...and some of the words didn't entirely make sense in the sentence she was constructing, if I would've wrote them down when I found them I could've told you on what pages...but I didn't figure anyone would care to know but just except the fact that though all books arn't perfect, HP is way closer than Twilight

xelawriter97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Can people stop arguing about whether or not harry potter and twilight are the better of the two? They're both great books and movies and should be treated as separate things, not compared. They're totally different. It's like comparing yourself to someone else. You're tw totally different people. Stop comparing them!

Roselynne replied...
I agree with you, they are seperate books and I wasn't trying to compare them, readlikecrazy10 wanted to know specific examples, so I gave readlikecrazy10 specific examples and I could do the same with HP and I don't remember why I let it slip into the conversation. (But one thing, most people compare their opinons of a book, and that's where all the compare and contrast comes from, and from a writing stand-point compare and contrast isn't a bad thing, they are both wonderful stories and plot li... (more »)

Hot Diggity Dogs! said...
Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:20 am
what are some of the powerful similes that Stephenie Meyers uses in Eclipse? I can't find that many, and i NEED some for school! please help, thanks!!