<i>It</i> by Stephen King | Teen Ink

It by Stephen King MAG

November 29, 2012
By Maranda Goss BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Maranda Goss BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The fear of clowns is called coulrophobia. Stephen King's novel, It, highlights this phobia for his brave readers. The book focuses on a group of very different kids who join together to stop the evil that has come to Derry, Maine. They have noticed children are being kidnapped and found dead and want to get to the bottom of this. Pennywise the Clown is responsible for the killings and is defeated by the group who find his weaknesses. Thirty years pass and the disappearances have begun again; this time the group will try to get rid of the clown for good.

The book does a phenomenal job of using descriptive ­details and putting fear into the readers. It is the type of book where if you close your eyes, you can see everything that is happening.

It begins with a gruesome death of a young boy and continues getting even harder to read. With great details, the plot stays strong throughout, and the ending is well-written. Though the book is filled with things that readers cannot even imagine, it is a book that goes into depth and keeps your mind from wandering.

The scariest part is Pennywise the clown who is more like a demon. He has used Derry as his target for hundreds of years and is not ­expecting his ways to soon end. The clown appears to be a peppy circus character who preys on children. This villain does horrible things to them despite what others might think. His character is nothing but dark and pure evil.

It is quite long, but keeps you wanting to read. You will even want to re-read parts ­because you might not believe what you have read. I think It is honestly one of the best books I have ever read.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.