Cut | Teen Ink

Cut

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

This story is about a fifteen-year-old girl name Callie who has a problem with self-mutilating. So she has been sent to a treatment facility were she makes friends with the girls who are there, and try's to help the other girls with their problems, but is to scare in confronting her own problems. Having family problems and not having anyone to talk to about her troubles, she relies on cutting her self, yet she does not know why she does so. Eventually after being stubborn about getting help, her doctor helps her with her cutting problem. In doing so she comes out of her “box” so to say and try's to help the other girls with their problems.

I disagree with Jill E. Wooster about cut because of “cut is skillfully written with much that makes it memorable. One positive aspect that really sands out is the “normalcy” of the main character.” I would rate this book as a 4 out of 10 because Patricia McCormick left the read hugging with question about what happing to Callie and the other girl, and what happen to Sam and the rest of the family, character. And would there be apart two the book. Patricia McCormick did not shown me the character development are a good tune point. Why in the book the tune point is when Becca went into the infirmary?