Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

By TopOfTheWorld SILVER, Vancouver, Other
TopOfTheWorld SILVER, Vancouver, Other

This is the third book of the Heroes of Olympus series in which the characters of both Greek and Roman camps collide. In the Camp Half-Blood, Annabeth, Leo, Jason and Piper build a warship, Argo II, in order to search for their missing leader, Percy Jackson. Friends reunite after the goddess Hera’s plan of switching the two leaders of the two camps. The alliance of the Greek and Roman camp goes fine until Leo’s soul is possessed by an evil spirit and starts to fire random cannon balls to Camp Jupiter. Then, the seven demigods of the Great prophecy embark on a dangerous journey to find the doors of death, rescue the son of Hades, avoid getting killed by infuriated Romans, fight numerous monsters, follow the mark of Athena, and save the world from mother nature who wants to destroy the entire world.

“Mark of Athena” will make no sense if the reader has not read the first two books of the series. But if the reader has, this book will blow their minds. Rick Riordan has, again, managed to make us all fall deeply in love with the Percy Jackson’s world of gods and monsters. His amazing twists and agonizing cliffhangers make readers beg for more. I laughed and cried at Riordan’s humor and characters. I cannot wait for the next book to come out!