Insignia by S.J. Kincaid | Teen Ink

Insignia by S.J. Kincaid

By Sarah_Faulkner SILVER, Romney, Indiana
Sarah_Faulkner SILVER, Romney, Indiana

With so many books coming out each month in the Young Adult genre, it’s easy to overlook debut authors. But S.J. Kincaid is one author you will not want to miss out on.
With space ships, WW III, computer chip implants, viruses that can make you bark like a dog, and (of course) evil Russians, Insignia takes place in a well crafted world of the future. S.J. Kincaid really hit her first novel on the head.
The book follows Tom, a video gamer and all around slacker. That is, until a general spots his virtual reality skills and snatched Tom up for training in the Pentagon Spire.
The governments of the world have found a new way to fight each other that doesn’t take lives or damage our planet. WW III is being fought over the natural resources or the other planets in our solar system, and the adults mush call in the teens that grew up with gaming to fight their battle for them.
This book is filled with all the hallmarks of a great Sci-Fi, from space ships to virtual reality games to machines that can read your mind.
If you love a good Sci-Fi, Insignia is an all around five-star read.

Sarah Faulkner is an aspiring author. You can find her blog at www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com. She has had an interview with S.J Kincaid, the author of Insignia, there.

slash9955 said...
on Jul. 27 2014 at 12:28 pm
great book, dug the obsession tom had with medusa.