A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer | Teen Ink

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

October 29, 2012
By Anonymous

“Inside, my soul became so cold I hated everything. I even despised the sun, for I knew I would never be able to play in its warm presence. I cringed with hate whenever I heard other children laughing, as they played outside. My stomach coiled whenever I smelled food that was about to be served to somebody else, knowing it wasn't for me.” This young child called “It” live all his life getting beaten. Nothing but bruises, scars, missing teeth, and more horrifying things. He lives with an abusive mother that has two kids or more. She plays torturous games that scar his life forever. In the story “ A Child Called “It” by Dave Pelzer the games never end.

This horrifying story that you will never forget once you read the book for yourself. “Lying on an old army cot in the basement, my clothes were torn and raunchy”. Scared whenever I heard someone walk or even took a step to the basement door, more like terrified. All I had for dinner was spoiled scraps of food that even the dog wouldn’t eat. The only thing that kept me alive was……… my dreams, dreams of someone taking care of me, loving me like a real mother would, real food not scraps, and clothes that I can fit that made me warm, I would love all that, but most importantly was love. My mother, more like abusive mother would never say she loved me. She would only tell me to do chores, clean the bathroom with stuff that made me vomit. Whenever I went to school, if I snuck candy and my mom found out, she would make me puke it up and put it all back in (shivers). This story is the most amazing books I ever read. I would sit on my bed and never stop, or even cry. This child was only under 4, and he was treated that way. Everyone watched principles, neighbors, everybody. She was an alcoholic that treats ONLY ME this way, not my brother Nobody only me.

Whenever I would wake up, I would be scared to. Everyday doing chores, anything she could think of that will hurt me or even kill me. My name is Dave Pelzer. My life a living hell. Every time I say something wrong or not right she would hit me or even worse…………. I would feel that she never wanted me, like she wanted me dead more than dead, a word that I can’t describe. She wanted me to starve, wanted me to wake up every morning and feel guilty about something. I would regret whatever I did, even if I didn’t do anything. She would play the games that no one could ever imagine. Things that kill me inside and out.
My name Catherine Pelzer. I punish him because he never does what I want him to, he does everything wrong. It like I tell him something and it goes out the other ear. That boy just makes my life a living hell. He says he goes through a lot, no I do having to live with him.
Hi I’m Dave brother. I do feel bad for him, he goes through a lot, even more than us. Every day he wake up and thinks if he going to get beat, smack, or hit. It makes me wonder, why does mother do that to him, but not me?
This book was amazing and it is going to be amazing to you. If you love abuse stories about children check out “A Child Called ‘It”. Your life will change after you read this book. To me the important message is to never be greedy in life because some people don’t have what you have.