Stealing Home by Barry Denenberg | Teen Ink

Stealing Home by Barry Denenberg

October 29, 2012
By reviewer SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
reviewer SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Stealing home is an amazing book I loved how Jackie Robinson is a strong guy to be the first African American to play in Major League Baseball. He grew up on a farm near Cairo, Georgia and was born January 31, 1919.They shared a farm with somebody else so everything the Robinson's grew on the farm they had to give half to the other farmers.

Jackie Robinson is a really nice guy he was rookie of the year in 1947and Jackie never gave up on his dream. Jackie got into trouble as soon as he hit the UCLA campus in the fall of 1939.He was driving with some friends when they were cut off by another car. They chased the car and caught up with it at the stoplight everyone got out as people gathered to watch and the situation was so intense that the first policeman pulled out his gun and started to arrest people. After that Jackie was charged with blocking the side walk and resisting arrest.

People all around the world watched Jackie do amazing things, they were all surprised because he was the first black African American baseball player!