It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini | Teen Ink

It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

October 29, 2012
By Anonymous

“It’s so hard to talk when you want to kill yourself. That’s above and beyond everything else, and it’s not a mental complaint –it’s a physical thing, like it’s physically hard to open your mouth and make the words come out. They don’t come out smooth and in conjuction with your brain the way normal people’s words do; they come out as chunks as if from crushed ice dispenser; you stumble on them as they gather behind your lower lip. So you just keep quiet,” as Ned Vizzini put it. This story, written by Ned Vizzini, was very great and for others, it’s easy to relate to.

This story was about a teenager named Craig who has an anxiety problem and depression, which then lead to Craig having suicide thoughts. At age 16, he had been accepted to one of the smartest school. Though the work he did was too hard for him. Ever since the day he was a child when he couldn’t trace over the Manhattan map, he thought he was a failure.
So one night, after everyone was asleep, he couldn’t take anything anymore and so he felt like killing himself then he found a phone number called the Suicide Hotline.Craig then called it and then ended up checking himself in a hospital. They put him on medication but then craig had stopped taking it because he thought he had gotten better. Though that led him to checking himself in the hospital. Craig was admitted in the adult psychiatric floor, since the adolecent physciatric floor was full. He meets a girl named Noelle and she helped him figure himself out and he ends up falling in love with her. Noelle is kind of an odd person when it came to them being in a relationship. She often played the question game with him and I guess I would say she was unsure of himself..
Throughout the time he was there, he had a good friendship with everyone there and was accepted. Craig started thinking and thinking and then he knew what he wanted to do with his life. Craig’s family was by his side every step of the way and helped him. So was his best friend named Arron. He stayed there for about a week and when it came to the end, he had questioned himself and had figured out what’s in for him in his life.