Criminal Minds: Sociopaths, Serial Killers & Other Deviants by Jeff Mariotte | Teen Ink

Criminal Minds: Sociopaths, Serial Killers & Other Deviants by Jeff Mariotte

By JaceyCrims BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
JaceyCrims BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida

We all have our personal hells, but it's only when you can find your own heaven you'll make it through.

Bundy, Dahmer, Zodiac and Gacy are only four of many killers mentioned in Criminal Minds: Sociopaths, Serial Killers, and other Deviants book that was composed by Jeff Mariotte. It is a true crime novel, giving brief but detailed descriptions and an insight into the minds and cases that law enforcement and profilers have come across in their years of working. The book is organized by different categories that killers have fallen into such as travelers like Ted Bundy, Cannibals such as Jeffery Dahmer and child murderers like John Wayne Gacy. Because the show reflects on profiling, this book reveals some of the horror that had been caused by the men and women who kill, some for sexual gratification and others simply because they didn’t care and are unable to feel or show remorse. To anyone that loves the show, you won’t be getting Morgan and Reid explaining things, realizing what’s going on because those described in this book have already had their fifteen minutes of infamy but it is something I would recommend to true crime buffs and even students interested in Criminology such as myself.

Criminal Minds is one of my favorite tv shows, but I would eventually like to go into Criminology. I appreciate the way this book can go into detail and explain the minds of serial killers.