The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

After hearing such great things about this book, and seeing the newly released movie in the theatres and loving it, I finally decided to read it. However, in juxtaposition to the beliefs and support of many other readers, I walked away not totally satisfied. I had high hopes for this book and my expectations were much higher than they typically are for other books I read. But with good reason! This book received such amazing reviews, I expected no less than perfection. Instead, I ended up wasting a good bit of my vacation reading a rather mediocre book.
I will give it this, the plot is fabulous. The story is truly riveting, and interesting and different than anything i have ever read before. But the actual language and writing in the book was unsatisfactory and not up to par with the books I have been reading of late.

Final Opinion- A fantastic book, brought down by its poor writing and overall language

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

xxjake1996xx said...
Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:03 am:
I agree, the author could have done better than she did.