The Maze Runner by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

By Jamarcus BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Jamarcus BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

The Maze Runner by James Dashner, is a thrilling book from beginning to end. This novel is a science fiction slash mystery book. The book has teenagers set in a big maze and four court yards surrounded by huge walls. They are set here to see how they adapt to survive and see if they can make it out alive. The teenagers have no memory at all when they get there. Some strengths I like about this story are the characters. I like how Thomas the main character becomes a runner in the maze. Another character I like is Minho. One of the reasons I like him is because he is one of those characters that aren't scared of anyone. The book is mysterious is another thing I like about it. A reason that it is mysterious is that you don't know anything about the creators of the maze. If you like mystery books then your in for a treat because you will surely like this one. Also another thing I like about the book is that it is suspenseful. A reason is because Thomas gets stuck out in the maze over night with no weapons. The book is very crazy too. A reason is adults stick teenagers out in a maze. Anybody will like this book if you like a thrilling story. The Maze Runner compares to the book called The Hunger Games because you are fighting for your life in both books. There is a sequel to this book called The Scorch Trials. This book won a New York Times Best seller award. All in all, I think this book was amazing and you should read it.

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

good ideas and structure, but the writing itself is very blan and dry. need more work