Smile by Raina Telegemeier | Teen Ink

Smile by Raina Telegemeier

By rptnk10 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
rptnk10 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

i have no idea lol

When I first heard of the book Smile by Raina Telegemeier , I didn't think I was going to like it. I like certain kinds of book's and I have never read a graphic novel till I read this book. Also this is Raina's first book. I was wrong about not thinking I was going to like It. I loved the book. If you love graphic novels and you like when they are in color you will love this book.

The story is set in the doctors office and at her house. Its about a girl who's scared of having to get braces , but then something happens and she has to deal with something more painful and worse. She was running across the street with some friends and something really bad happened.

The main character is Raina Telegemeier. Raina is scared to get braces because she doesn't want to look like a geek. I can't blame her I wouldn't want to look like a geek either. Also a lot of popular girls have braces. When he races across the street something worse happens than getting brace. Now she is going to be more worried.

Having finished this graphic novel, I can say that Raina Telegemeier is a great other and would love to read more of her book's. My initial thought was that ,Oh this is going to be a boring book to read. But it was the best book I have ever read. I could even put it down after I started reading it .

Raina is a great character. She tells her story in an amazing way. She really tells her feelings. I love how she is happy and upset. Even though getting braces is bad and thinks she will look like a geek , she actually didn't look like a geek she looked pretty.

In other words, you have to read this book Because its an amazing book. Its not because I recommend It. Its because she's coming out with another book. Furthermore, If you think It stinks because It's a graphic novel then prove me wrong. Go read it! You know you want to.

rptnk10 BRONZE said...
rptnk10 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

i have no idea lol

please rate and comment :)