The Hunger Games by Suzan Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzan Collins

By SagesGirl1 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
SagesGirl1 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

The Hunger Games
Suzan Collins

When I first read the book The Hunger Games by Suzan Collins, I thought it was a great book. When people say that it's not a great book I think in my mind “how can that be, it has so much detail and it has a lot of action and romance.”The Hunger Games may seem and is a very long book for kids/teens but it goes by really fast The book

The Hunger Games is about these kids13-18 that get there name put in every year a certain amount of times and one boy and one girl from each district get chosen, that means they have to fight for there lives and there district to win a nice house, food, and supplies because people from districts are poor throughout the country. The setting takes place at the Capital and District 12. the Capital is the head place/ boss of all the districts, and District 12 is where Katniss and Peeta are from.

This book is realistic fiction or science fiction. The main characters in the story are Katniss, Peeta, Effie, and Hamitch. Katniss is the sister of Prim Rose Everdeen, who got chosen for the hunger games in District 12 and Katniss said she will be in it instead of Prim. Peeta is the boy chosen from District 12 and his family owns a bakery. Effie is the women that chooses the names for the Hunger Games. Hamitch is a drunk guy that helps Katniss and Peeta. A lot of sad stuff happen in this story but happy things too.