The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson | Teen Ink

The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson

By softballgirl98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
softballgirl98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

When I first started reading The Familiars by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson I thought that it was going to take forever. Once I started reading it I never wanted to put it down. It is a definite page turner because of its thrilling moments around every corner.

The Familiars is kind of like Harry Potter. They both have spell casting wizards and their loyal pets. If you like Harry Potter and would like to stay in the fantasy genre try the book The Familiars. Also, if you like animal this would probably be a good story for you. This novel tells about a cat the goes to extremes to save his best friend.

Aldwyn is a normal ally cat in a mid evil city. But after he steals fish from a merchant he starts to get chased by a hunter. He goes to hide in a pet shop to try and get out of sight before the hunter finds him. While he is hiding Jack, a wizard in training, comes in to find his familiar. He looks at all of the magical pets he can get, but then he finds Aldwyn. Jack chooses to adopt Aldwyn and Takes him back to his masters house. Aldwyn knows he is just an ordinary ally cat but his owner has no idea. When Aldwyn starts to get used to his surroundings Jack and his older brother and sister are captured by the queen after she kills their master. To find their owners Alwyn and two other familiars must go on a hunt. Now Aldwyn's “powers” must be put to the test.

The Familiars is a great book and I recommend it for just about everyone! For all of you people that love to read every type of book this fantastic fantasy!