Airhead by Meg Cabot | Teen Ink

Airhead by Meg Cabot

October 10, 2012
By gorbr17 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
gorbr17 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Meg Cabot's page turning novel, Airhead, is an amazing story start to finish. I really got into it and didn't want to ever put it down! When my sister first told me about it, it didn't sound like something I would normally read and enjoy... Then I started to read it, and found out I was totally wrong.

This story is set in a modern day life, big city. There are small neighborhoods to lofts which super teen super models live in. Now, for our main character, we have Emerson Watts, high school computer geek “loser.” Her only friend is Christopher, who loves computer games too, and also despises the Nikki Howard wannabees. The two make fun of these girls, or until Em gets hit by a T.V. and wakes up in someone else body a month later. Now she IS Nikki Howard. Still a loser? No. So now even though she has her own brain still, she has to become Nikki, and do everything Ms. Howard normally does. To me, Em still stays pretty true to who she is, for she doesn't become a totally person. I like this about Emerson. I mean lets be honest here, how many people could go from being a loser in high school which is supposed to be the best years of school, to becoming the face of Stark a billion dollar company. I know I couldn't do it if I tried. It is too much responsibility to juggle, especially if your going back to high school like Em!

You could say this is a romance book, along with some science fiction, for Em, or should I say Nikki, is in love with someone she can't have anymore. Christopher. And all at the same time, she has to keep her identity as Nikki Howard, she can't be walking around with Christopher. While Brandon Stark, Nikki's on off boyfriend still really likes her. She just doesn't know how to live this new life she is supposed to now control.

I think that any girl would like this book, I know I did! The Airhead series has two other books, Being Nikki, and Runaway. The first book we so good, I had to read the next, and let me tell you, I have no regrets, they get better and better as you go! So read it, trust me, you won't be wasting your time.