The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith | Teen Ink

The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

October 4, 2012
By Micha0106 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Micha0106 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight explains the romance of Hadley and Oliver. This book kept me entertained and was very hard to put down. I usually don’t read romance, but this book was different that most romance books. When you start reading it just makes you feel like you can't stop.

The main characters always keep you interested with their actions. This was a very suspenseful book! Hadley is the most important character, she can be selfish, then realize what she did or said was wrong. Now, Oliver on the other hand is a kind gentleman. The first thing Hadley notices about him is his British accent. Then she gets to know him better and finds out that he moved to the United States just to go to Yale. His father didn’t approve of this idea, but Oliver decided to go anyway and fulfill his dreams.

During most of the story they are in an airport or in London. Hadley's parents finally decide to tell her that they are getting divorced and her father is getting remarried in London. Hadley isn't really fond of the idea of having to go to the wedding, but her mother forces her. Hadley misses her flight to London and this is when she meets that kind and generous Oliver. He listens to her and helps her cope with the idea that her father is getting remarried and her getting stuck having to deal with what she assumes is an evil stepmother.

I would definitely recommend this book! It was inspirational mostly towards teens and young adults. At the beginning I thought that I had an idea of what was going to happen, but in the middle it changed. I loved this book and I hope that you will take my advice and read it as well!