The Maze Runner by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

October 4, 2012
By Emma Reeder BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Emma Reeder BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

James Dashner does a great job making The Maze Runner a very suspense-full Sci-Fy book that you won't want to put down. In the story, Thomas gets put in a world called Glade where quite other boys and only one girl live and everyone got their memory erased.

The main character, Thomas is probably the smartest one of the group. He was the last boy to show up and he is a huge part to help save everyone. He has chanced his life many times trying to figure out the '”Maze.” Thomas is different than the other boys that have been put through the Maze, he somewhat 'helped' build the Maze so he has to try and remember what happened before he got his memory erased.

I'm positive you will will enjoy this book if, you like a book with tons of action and suspense. If you read the Hunger Games you might like this story. It's similar to Hunger Games because, in both books you have the main Characters pt in a different world fighting something till they survive or die, if they know it or not. When your finished reading the first book there's a sequel, called The Scorch Trials. I am defiantly going to read this book!

Overall, The Maze Runner was an all around good book. I'm sure you'll enjoy it so go out there and read it!