The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

The Scarlet Pimpernel is a story set in the time in the aftermath of the storming of the Bastille.After the storming of the Bastille the monarchy was abolished in France.The noble men were harassed and killed.So to save themselves from humiliation some of the noblemen were escaping to England with the help of a person called as The Scarlet Pimpernel.The new French government was always trying to catch The Scarlet Pimpernel.But he was proving himself to be very clever.He outsmarted the people who were on his trail.
The book is very intriguing and the incidents keep the readers on their toes till the very end.The narration of the author thrills the reader very much.The book also illustrates the situation in 18th century Europe.It showcases the bravery and wisdom of The Scarlet Pimpernel.Later when the identity of The Scarlet Pimpernel is revealed to the reader it is almost unbelievable.
This was a very enjoyable book and was definitely worth my time.I would strongly recommend it readers of all ages and especially to those who haven’t read any of the books of Baroness Orczy.

SallySunshine said...
Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:54 am
good review