The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

When readers pick up the book “The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner” By Stephenie Meyer, they usually think it’s just like one from the Twilight Saga. Yes, Vampires, Werewolves, and some pretty grueling situations happen in your head while reading the words, sometimes you believe it. Like these things are really happening in the world.

Bree Tanner was introduced in the third book of the Twilight series as just a shy, polite young lady. We don’t really think much about her seeing how she was only in about two paragraphs of the entire 629 page book. However, in “The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner,” Bree is faced with many struggles, and bridges. She’s confused and scared when Victoria, who is known as the bad vampire, changes her. So, Bree is now part of the clan that is trying its hardest to plan an attack on the Cullens.

Although Bree has absolutely no idea what is going on with her body, she knows it is wrong to kill a human even though it is almost unbearable to exist the risk. Being quiet and, not drawing attention to her is what she knows best.

In the small town of Forks, Washington, the newspapers are screaming with headlines in bold, black reading “Death Toll Rises Again.” Remember, Victoria is just choosing random people to become part of her clan. Imagine just walking home one night then never getting the chance again.

When Bree shortly finds out what is happening from other members, she disagrees. Bree still doesn’t agree to killing innocent people. While the others are stopping traffic by pulling people out of there cars for a snack, there not realizing that the Cullens are watching their every move. Eying in on how to overcome them, The Cullens decide to practice on how to kill newborn vampires by fighting. Since vampires are at there strongest when they are newborns, practicing is an absolute must.
`

Will Victoria succeed in her planned attack on the Cullens, or will they already know what’s coming and be prepared?

on Oct. 5 2012 at 2:15 pm
Heather Taylor, Auburn, New York
This is probably one of the best reviews on here that i have read so far.. well done