Grace by Melinda Marchiano | Teen Ink

Grace by Melinda Marchiano

Cancer and high school do not mix very well. In her autobiography, Melinda Marciano tells us about her journey through cancer and all of its hardships as a teenager. She writes about how she goes through three rounds of physical therapy and many days of radiation in attempt to overcome her Hodgkin lymphoma. However in her attempts to survive, she makes herself even sicker by developing an eating disorder. Melinda uses her family, friends, faith, and most importantly dance to cope with her condition. I find her story both heartbreaking and uplifting. She goes through many ups and downs and takes each day with caution. She is determined to survive, but still wants to live her life. She dances through practically her whole experience and it definitely helps her to push through each day. Melinda’s story portrays the point of view of an honest, humorous, and faithful young girl who experiences the pain and torture of a horrible illness. I suggest for you to read this book if you are ready to for an extremely emotional experience. You will feel her pain and joy in your heart throughout this whole book. It is such a touching and truly beautiful story that you will not want to put the book down.