Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Cito Roodriguez BRONZE, Nipomo, California
Cito Roodriguez BRONZE, Nipomo, California

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins a book is told form the point of view of Katniss Everdeen, a 16 year old girl who lives in district 12, a poor, small district that is part of Panem. The nation of Panem a shows its power to the previously rebellious people by creating an event called the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games is an event where one boy and one girl from the ages of 12-18 from each of the 12 remaining districts are put into arena to fight to the death. This annual event is watched everywhere and it’s mandatorily viewed by the public because the rulers of Panem want everyone to see this and know their power. They want everyone to see this because they want to discourage the chance of rebellion. Katniss has a little sister named Prim who is chosen to fight to the death in the games. Katniss, being the great older sister she is, volunteers to go for her instead. She is paired up with the bread boy that lives down the street named Peeta. They both join together in the games in the hopes of one of them coming out alive. This story takes you into a world full of hope and the need to survive. Collins’ novel is a great read for anyone with adventure in their hearts. You won’t be disappointed with this one!