The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collinns | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collinns

By anthonyreyes BRONZE, NIPOMO, California
anthonyreyes BRONZE, NIPOMO, California

The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is an excellent novel that leaves you wanting more! The novel is set in a post apocalyptic America now called Panem. The country is split into twelve districts. The Twelfth district is the mining district, but is also home to a spunky teenager named Katniss Everdeen. Throughout her whole life she is forced to hunt illegally to support her family. She also hunts to feed her best friend Gale’s family. To show how powerful the capital is in Panem, they have an annual “Hunger Game” where twenty four contestants (two from each district; one boy and one girl) fight to the death until one person stands. On reaping day where they pick the tributes, the first tribute is Primrose Everdeen, Katniss’ little sister. Katniss immediately volunteers to take her sister’s spot in the games. Along with the other tribute Peeta, Katniss embarks on a journey of survival. Through out the games Katniss gains a new insight on life and begins to realize how much she loves life and her family. This novel is a fantastic read for those who enjoy an adventure and suspenseful novel. Suzanne Collins does an amazing job of keeping her readers off their seats and wanting more! Will the Games be the end of Katniss? Grab the book and come along the ride of suspense, AND MAY THE ODDS EVER BE IN YOUR FAVOR!