The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

September 25, 2012
By morgan1 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
morgan1 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins

Suzanne Collins wrote a book that made every reader want to read more. Putting every reader into the future and making them feel that pain of every family of the time. The Hunger games is a great book to pick up and read to the point you cannot stop.
To live in this time, its a struggle for every family in district 12. Breaking laws that can cause a gruesome death for Katniss Everdeen and her best friend Gale just to feed their family. Katniss only has her family and Gale to support her in the Seams of District 12. When the times comes of the reaping, every child is put into a bowl to be choose to be a tribute to the Hunger Games. This is the first year Katniss sister Prim is put into the bowl, and she is the one chosen. Not being able to handle it Katniss volunteers.
Now it time to get ready for the games, Katniss and the other tribute, Petta Mellark, get ready to fight to the death in the games. This was a time in the book when you saw who each character really was. How the games would go and how good their opponents would be as well. While reading you can really feel suspenseful as the go into the game.

One of the major themes of this book is being true to who you are. The characters has to face the options to be fake for the capital. When the Katniss is one of the only one to be who she really is in front of the capital, just a lot cleaner than she really is. This making her one of the most liked tributes. The author did this by really connecting you with her and letting you get the feel of who she really is.

The author really knows how to get you involve with the character. No matter how old you are, what you like, there is at least on character you can connect with in some way. You can really get the feel for each and every one of them.

By the end I the book you are ready to read the next book and that is what very book is about. To want to know the next this and this is what Collins had created this The Hunger Games.