The Legend of Bass Reeves by Gary Paulsen

Bass lives with his mother and another man that never had spoken, since he was there. He would go and catch wild cattle, for his mister to sell. Then there were some Comanche raids, so his master gave him a gun, just in case. Then after a while his master quit going to the bars, and poker houses. So he wanted someone to play poker with. That's when he taught Bass how to play. Then they got in a fight, which ended with the mister knocked out, on the floor. Which left Bass no choice but to leave.

Bass Reeves was a part of the slaves who had to work for there masters, or Mister, as he called him. As a young man he ran away from his home, mother, and farm that he worked for. While he worked for his “mister” he caught wild cattle for him, and many other dangerous things.

This book is very enticing, and hard to put down. It shows how dangerous, and hard slavery was. It is great for people who love slavery books, or books about a man trying to survive, against the odds. Many times Bass is put into situations that he doesn't want to be put in.

The genre is fictional and non-fictional.
My rating is a nine, because I loved this book, and was hard to never want to put down. Yet I did want to put it down a couple of times.

awsome said...
This book my 3grade teacher gave me and I'm going to tack it whit me were I can read it so I go tell my teacher about it and if you think that is important because its the first book I've gotten fro my teachers and my teacher will always be in my heart