Where are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark | Teen Ink

Where are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark

September 19, 2012
By edawidczyk BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts
edawidczyk BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Like most of her books, Mary Higgins Clark’s Where are the children? is a popular mystery novel. This book particularly revolves around an intensive plot about the loss of children and a maternal instinct to recover them. Clark does a superb job capturing the emotion behind not only the mother, but the kidnapper as well. Clark shows both points of views continuously throughout the book, allowing the reader to not only follow the plot, but to retain the important information in order to understand the book completely.
Throughout the book the readers realize how badly the mother fights to find her children, especially when the same scenario has been repeated. Clark also shows us not only the Mother’s emotional struggle as she is trying to grasp the reoccurring theme of her past, but the physically draining aspect of the search as well. As the book progresses, the tension builds and the need to keep reading to find out any more information on where the children may be escalades. Clark gives away hints and clues up until the very end of the book, where she still manages to throw in a huge surprise that no reader expects.
Any mystery lover looking for an intriguing, captivating read should indulge themselves in Where are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark to fit their desires entirely.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.