The Fault in Our Stars by John Green This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

How do I describe how much The Fault in Our Stars means to me? I've recommended it to my mother, my best friend, and my boyfriend. All of them loved it. I've read it twice in the past six months, and I plan on reading it again soon.

Clarification: This is not a “cancer book.” This is not about a child who has cancer and how he or she or the family gets through it. If you want that kind of book, don't read this. Now that we have that out of the way, we can continue.

The Fault in Our Stars is yet another brilliant novel by John Green. Personally, I think this is his best. It is narrated by 16-year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster, who has terminal cancer. But this book isn't about how she lives with cancer. It's about how she lives despite it. She's a regular teenager. She laughs. She fangirls. She watches TV. She reads. She falls in love.

This is the best love story ever written. Green captures the idea of true love perfectly. It's the idea of completely being yourself with the person you are in love with.

It's happy. It's sad. It's funny. It's life.