The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green MAG

By Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey
Kayroxy101 GOLD, Ringwood, New Jersey

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." ~ Robert Frost

"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence."~ Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars

How do I describe how much The Fault in Our Stars means to me? I've recommended it to my mother, my best friend, and my boyfriend. All of them loved it. I've read it twice in the past six months, and I plan on reading it again soon.

Clarification: This is not a “cancer book.” This is not about a child who has cancer and how he or she or the family gets through it. If you want that kind of book, don't read this. Now that we have that out of the way, we can continue.

The Fault in Our Stars is yet another brilliant novel by John Green. Personally, I think this is his best. It is narrated by 16-year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster, who has terminal cancer. But this book isn't about how she lives with cancer. It's about how she lives despite it. She's a regular teenager. She laughs. She fangirls. She watches TV. She reads. She falls in love.

This is the best love story ever written. Green captures the idea of true love perfectly. It's the idea of completely being yourself with the person you are in love with.

It's happy. It's sad. It's funny. It's life.

on Sep. 2 2017 at 8:29 pm
bo_olsen PLATINUM, Nampa, Idaho

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

TFIOS is one of my favorite books ever written. It's funny and sad and heartwarming all at the same time. This is a really great review!

on Jul. 12 2014 at 3:48 pm
laurenevansok SILVER, Bromborough, Other

'One person's "annoying" is another person's "inspiring and heroic"' - Leslie Knope (Parks and Recreation)

Absolutely love this review on one of my favourite books ever written. It sums up the genius that is John Green! I have read many reviews on The Fault In Our Stars today; this is by far one of my favourites. Loved it! Please check out my review on the same book!:) TeenInk.com/reviews/book_reviews/article/691465/The-Fault-In-Our-Stars-review/