Into Thin Air | Teen Ink

Into Thin Air

July 31, 2012
By KaylieCha97 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
KaylieCha97 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Go jump off a cliff"


Into Thin Air is an amazing novel by Krakauer. It starts off unexpectedly, but also has a suspenseful plot to keep you interested the whole book. It teaches you lessons to respect everyday things. Also, it shows you what effort and giving your all can do for you. Finally, this will demonstrate how your life will change forever.

This novel starts off unexpectedly because it starts off where most novels end or have their climax. Also, everything is so huge it seems like the climax, but once you read it, you definitely know that it's the climax. There are so many tragedies and issues that they have it is unbelievable. People start to give up and realize that this task was just too much for them.

When you give all your effort, you will get a greater outcome. If you try and give your all, you will be safer, but also have a greater chance of outcome and success if you do this. However, if you only halfly try you're chances of success and finishing diminish and decrease rapidly. This can relate to anything such as work, school, sports, etc. Finally, even when giving all of your effort going there, make sure you have enough to come back so save yourself sparingly.

Reading this novel will also teach you to respect your everyday luxuries that you would probably never even think to be grateful for. After the main character got back from this expedition, he couldn't even get back to his daily life. It had changed him forever and he never thought of anything the same.

My favorite character in this novel is Krakauer because of the way that he handled all of the situations. He also didn't even savor the moment that he was there for. Once he got there, he wanted to get back down before he killed himself.

Lastly, I would recommend this book for thrill seekers, dare devils, adrenaline junkies, and people who are looking to learn life lessons.