Night | Teen Ink

Night

By EricaCastillo12 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
EricaCastillo12 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

“Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, that turned my life into one long night seven times sealed.” In this book, Elie Wiesel writes about his experiences inside camp during the holocaust. He fully describes every detail of unbearable criticism that happened from the very first night he and his family were transferred to a different location, to the day they were released.

As a child, Wiesel studied Kabbalah. His family was greatly honored by the people in their town. His father was a cultured man and his advice was frequently sought. Wiesel had three siblings, two of them helped in the family store. He was separated with them during the selection. He worked in camp along with his father. Men were shot or hung whenever they did something wrong. While in camp, Wiesel stopped believing that there was a God. Because he thought that if there was one, they wouldn't be going through so much hardships and pain.

Wiesel did an amazing job describing every event that happened in camp. The words he used were perfect for the scenes and will give readers the exact imagery of what was really going on. In all, he did incredibly well. The only downside of this book is having the conscience to think of how cruel and brutal people were back then.

I recommend this book to people who wants to learn about history. This book has a lot of information about what the holocaust. This book can be a great resource to use.