"Falling Through The Earth" by Danielle Trussoni | Teen Ink

"Falling Through The Earth" by Danielle Trussoni

By ANT16 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
ANT16 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

It was summer and I was tired of school, “One more book I thought, just for English”. I picked it out of twenty-two non-fiction books. The title of course was the very first thing that interested me. The title “Falling Through The Earth” made me picture a group of brainy scientists on an exploration to dig straight to the planets core…my assumption, although quite appropriate was incorrect.

What I discovered while reading this book of Danielle Trussoni’s most personal and private memories is how much she talked about her father. It wasn’t so surprising because the very first image you see is a picture on the front cover of the book of her and her father. You also discover how even the simplest things become stressful and hard to act on, it’s displayed within each memory.

The connection I had with this book was odd but fitting. At some points reading Danielle’s childhood was like listening to my mother talk about her upbringing. Or the pictures I have searched through of my grandfather in the war just to get a hint of what it was like. These similarities made me feel more comfortable in reading this memoir.

There also came the voice of a young tough as nails girl as she opened up about living with a troubled Vietnam Vet, and the vivid images of Vietnamese jungles and stinky tunnels. Her descriptions met my expectations and exceeded them as well. They helped me see what she imagined.
I would talk more about the contents of the book, for example the relationships and events that make it hard to stop reading. Unfortunately, I can’t do that without exposing the most memorable parts.

What I can talk about is that this book can make you feel like an emotional rainbow, similar to a mood ring. While reading this book, I wanted to put it down or go to bed, but my brain and imagination said no. Speaking on a personal level this book dug itself or rather Danielle Trussoni’s life interested me so much that I tried to research what has happened in her life after the publishing of this book. While reading I really did read all of its contents to get a hint afterwards of her life after everything. The only thing future readers need to know about this book is that it’s not boring, and it switches from past to present which makes you focused, but at times puzzled.

Maybe you haven’t read a non-fiction book or memoir before, all I have to say about that is to start and start with “Falling Through The Earth” by none other than Danielle Trussoni. You might find lessons hidden in the book as well. Going as far as how to speak to someone you love or as simple as how to say no.

All that’s left to say is, of course anyone should read this book, and to be opened minded and ready for action, suspense, and maybe research afterwards. It’s almost as if the book hasn’t ended, after all it is someone’s life.

I was given a choice of Non-fiction books to read for my honors Sophomore English class and this book caught both the eye of my mother and I, and I believe I made a great choice.

K7777 BRONZE said...
K7777 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
It seems like anyone can connect to this book, and it teaches you about life. I love how you wrapped up your review at the end, and I think you did a great job.

Isabella.Dominguez BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I'll never second guess the things that I've done. I've got too much to say and too much to become." -Alex Gaskarth.

Really amazing review. Hope to read this book some time in the future. Great job!

MorganT97 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
This sounds like a book worth reading. I liked the connection you made with it, maybe I'll read this book someday. Great review!