Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

August 1, 2012
By Sebass BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Sebass BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Work hard, win EZ


There are many stories about the holocaust and I have read a few, but Night is a book that is very different. It has the author tell his life as a young boy and what he had to deal with to survive. There were many challenges in his path and some were very painful and it gave the reader images that made you think of what it would look like and how it would feel. The author Wiesel or as in the book referred to as “Eliezer” was a young boy when taken from his home. He was a Jew that was very religious before he was sent to the camps. Once he got to the camps and as days went on he lost more faith in god wondering if this almighty god was really there to help them out and as things got worse he worshipped him less and less. This comes to show you what can happen when things go wrong in life.

Night is a book that if you don’t know much history about the holocaust it can be confusing at some points. I say this because it talks about many camps and places that Wiesel and his father have to go through. And while these two were at the camps they had to do things from people (the Germans) who they despised and it would show you how calm you had to be because if you didn’t listen you would be killed.

Wiesel and his father went through many things. One thing that Wiesel witnessed was a murder between people for a piece of bread at such a young age and it makes you think what people will do for survival. One thing I really like about this man while he was in the camps was the way he was. He was very brave and he didn’t give up and stayed strong during the most painful parts of his life and it shows that if you really want to live you have to be a very positive person and that was a part in the book that really motivated me to be more mentally tough when I am in pain whether it’s mentally or physically.

Overall this book is very good and will keep you hooked if you find the holocaust interesting. It shows you how harsh their lives were and what they had to deal with. So if you enjoy books about history that are non-fiction this will be a great book to read.