Night by Elie Wiesel

I’ve learned many things about the Holocaust but never really was able to read anything that went into enough depth about how serious this event in history was .I would have to say though that this novel changed my perspective on everything that I have ever heard/learned.

The story has somewhat of a peaceful start with a little bit of anxiousness .In the small town of Sighet , Eliezer ,a 15 year old Jewish boy tells the cruel experience he had in the holocaust first hand. As the book changes so does the atmosphere .One day one of the men from town known as “Moshe the Beadle” was taking from the town and got to experience the unbelievable. He had escaped and was able to come back to warn Eliezer and many others but they claimed he was crazy for thinking such horrible things. Soon enough people from the town were being transported as were the young boy and his Jewish family, to concentration camps which they had thought nothing of. Then the cruel treatment began.

From then on it was a fight for freedom and survival. Small rations of food and sharing rooms packed full with their own gender. The days were long at work and eventually everyone was tested and the weak were taken off to be killed. This was the new normal for everyone, no one had names but only numbers and were treated only for the needs of the Germans from then on.

J.Miller said...
Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:21 am
Great review Shelby! I love the details you put.

nicholas881 said...
Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:10 am
great review... As Josh 3 says above it must be a very interesting book because everyone is reading it. Keep it up your reviews are good Shelby!

josh3 said...
GreAt review! It seems this book has to be a great since everyboDy in Reno is reviewing it. I think you mAde a good choice since it's the easiest book for an English suMmer assignment. Keep up the good work!